Misato Katsuragi Dreams of the Second Impact
Misato didn’t appeal to me when I watched Eva the first time, but re-watching it recently as an adult I’ve come to really like her. She seems carefree and detached, but she’s suffered greatly and struggles against many obstacles, from patriarchy to the threat of global annihilation. Also she has good taste in beer.
This piece was done as part of the Red Cross Book Eva fan zine.
Misato Katsuragi Appreciation
How do I even begin to explain Misato Katsuragi?
- Misato is awesome.
- She’s a sexy twenty-nine-year-old lady and a major in the Japanese military - and don’t test her on that, because she can and will bust a cap in some SEELE motherfucker’s ass when they try to invade NERV and start Third Impact.
- Misato puts up with living with Shinji and Asuka for twenty-six episodes, three movies and multiple spinoffs, goddamn. Could you do that? No, you couldn’t.
- (A side note: I love Shinji and Asuka too, their appreciation posts are coming.)
- She only sleeps with one person throughout the entire series, but people call her a slut because their tiny brains can’t handle the existence of such a free, fabulous bitch.
- Other people have cats and dogs? Misato has a penguin, because Misato gives zero fucks.
- Fun fact about the penguin: according to the manga, she rescued it from animal experimentation because she’s kind-hearted as fuck.
- Misato finds out the truth about Third Impact and does her best to stop it while everyone else is off fucking crying about their dead wives and moms.
- She’s got issues, but fuck it, this is Evangelion. We’re all mad here.
And if you write her off as a slut, you’re not worthy to lick the dirt off her sexyfine high-heeled boots. Bow.